Tom Hirata is the Client Service Specialist at the Fort Wayne Ballroom Company. He is a DVIDA Certified Instructor.
Tom has been dancing since his early twenties, studying ballet and jazz. He began dancing International Standard and the Hustle in his mid twenties. After a twenty year break, he began dancing again. He studied Latin with Terry and Rozana Sweeny, International Ballroom with Christine Zona. He has also studied Salsa and West Coast Swing. His favorite club dances are the Hustle and Salsa.
A student and competitor, Tom enjoys dancing Smooth, Ballroom, Rhythm and club styles. Tom studies mainly with Kelly Bartlett-Spalding and Christopher Spalding. He and his wife Kenna Jackson are preparing for the 2017 USA Dancesport National Amateur Championships. They will compete in Rhythm and Smooth in two age categories (Senior II & III) and two levels (Novice and Prechamp).
- 2020 Senior II & III WDSF Smooth Finalist
- 2019 Senior II & III USA 9 Dance Champion
- 2018 Senior II & III USA 9 Dance Champion
- Top Gold Male 2016 Motown Showdown Dancesport Challenge
- 1st in Senior III Novice Rhythm & Smooth Carolina Classic 2016
- USA Dancesport Senior II & III Silver and Gold Smooth National Amateur Champion w/Kenna Jackson
- USA Dancesport Senior II & III Gold Rhythm National Amateur Champion w/ Kenna Jackson
- 2nd International Standard North American Championships w/Kelly Bartlett-Spalding
- Numerous Bronze & Silver Pro/Am Scholarships w/ Kelly BartlettSpalding
- Numerous Bronze, Silver & Gold Amateur Scholarships w/Kenna Jackson